Head Teacher’s Welcome
I am very proud to be Head teacher of Norlington School for Boys. We believe every one of our students is capable of remarkable things and strive every day to ensure they have every opportunity to develop as leaders and gentlemen.
The school's motto 'Wisdom is Strength' is central to our commitment to all our students. We aim to ensure every young man who passes through Norlington School is ready to take up the challenges and realise the opportunities of the 21st Century. We strive to develop the skills, knowledge and values that will allow him to choose the right path to take throughout his life.
The 2015 GCSE results achieved by our students builds on several years of exceptional performance.
2012 We were recognised as the most improved school in London in 2012.
2013 We received a letter recognising our academic success from the Minster of State for Schools.
2014 We were in the Top 1% of all schools nationally for progress and in the top 5 of all state Boys' schools nationally.
2014 We received a second Letter recognising our academic success from the Minster of State for Schools.
2015 we were awarded Gold Club status under a scheme set up by the Mayor of London to recognise exceptional schools in the capital.
2015 Academic Performance Headlines
• Our student achievement in the top 1% of all schools for student progress for the second year in succession.
• 25% of our students achieved 5A*/A grades – double the national average for boys.
• 1 in 3 students achieved 3 A*/A grades.
In September 2015 we opened our new 6th Form. Aimed at supporting our students to access the best universities in the country it has been developed around the same principles that have made us so successful at GCSE: exceptional teaching and learning in every classroom; a caring environment where every child feels safe; and high expectations of what every student can achieve.
In September 2013 the school was judged as a ‘Good’ School by Ofsted.
Key Ofsted Statements:
- Students make excellent progress in Mathematics and Science and good progress in English.
- Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school ……
- …Leaders have relentless drive for continuous improvement.
- The governing body is dedicated to the school and has focused on improving the curriculum so that it is more challenging.
If you would like to know more about Norlington School for Boys and its recent successes please contact Natasha Johnson (Head teachers P.A.) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0208 539 3055.