Norlington School and 6th Form: GCSE Analysis 2017
Norlington School: Academic Overview
Norlington School is again celebrating as students achieved another set of excellent results this summer. The 2017 GCSE results achieved by our students build on several years of exceptional performance.
2012 We were recognised as the most improved school in London in 2012.
2013 We received our first letter recognising us as one of the top 100 schools nationally from the Minster of State for Schools.
2014 We were in the Top 1% of all schools nationally for progress and in the top 5 of all state Boys’ schools nationally and received our second letter recognising us as one of the top 100 schools nationally from the Minster of State for Schools.
2015 We were awarded Gold Club status under a scheme set up by the Mayor of London to recognise exceptional schools in the capital.
2016 We received our third letter recognising us as one of the top 100 schools nationally from the Minster of State for Schools.
Since 2014 Norlington School and 6th Form has achieved in the Top 4% of all schools nationally
Key Whole School 2017 Performance headlines
- 72% of students achieve new Government measure 9 – 4 (A*-C) including English and Mathematics – well above the nationally expected performance
- Over 1 in 4 students achieved at least 1 grade above nationally expected.
- Almost two thirds of all students achievedsignificantlyabove expected performance.
- There is no disparity of performance between different student groups. This supports our position that as a school we live by our motto ‘We work together, we enjoy together and we all achieve together’.
- Progress rates in English, Maths and Science well above nationally expected performance.
- 16/18 subjects performed significantly above expected when compared to nationally expected performance with 15 subjects at least 1/2 grade or more and 13 achieving best ever Value Added results.
- School Value added at 0.44 places Norlington School as one of the highest performing schools in the local area
Norlington School Academic Performance Overview: 4 Year Trend
|A*-C of Grade 4+ EM||68%||64%||57%||63%||72%|
|Grade 5+ EM||44%|
|Average Grade Per Entry||C||C+||C||C||C+|
|Significantly above national|
|Significantly below National|
School Value Added compares performance of similar students across the country. This new measure shows average points above/below expected per subject based upon 8 subjects with 1 being equal to one grade per subject. These 8 subjects must include;
- English (2 Grades)
- Maths (2 Grades)
- Ebbac Subjects Element (3 Grades)
- Open Element (3 Grades)