Norlington School: Academic Overview
Norlington School is again celebrating as students achieved another set of excellent results this summer. The 2020 GCSE results achieved by our students build on several years of exceptional performance.
2012 We were recognised as the most improved school in London in 2012.
2013 We received our first letter from the Minister of State for Schools recognising us as a top 100 schools nationally.
2014 We were in the Top 1% of all schools nationally for progress and in the top 5 of all state Boys’ schools nationally and received our second letter recognising us as one of the top 100 schools nationally from the Minster of State for Schools.
2015 We were awarded Gold Club status under a scheme set up by the Mayor of London to recognise exceptional schools in the capital.
2016 We received our third letter recognising us as one of the top 100 schools nationally from the Minister of State for Schools.
2017 We were in the Top 4% of schools nationally for English and Maths
2018 We were ranked 2nd nationally for non selective Boy's schools
Since 2014 Norlington School and 6th Form has achieved in the Top 4% of all schools nationally
Key Whole School 2020 Performance headlines
- 61% of students achieved 9 – 5 including English and Maths – Well above national figure of 42% and one of the highest in Waltham Forest
- Average Point Score 57.7 – National 45.1
- Almost 1 in 3 students achieved 5+ Level 9-7 grades with 1 in 3 % of all grades at 9-7.
- School Progress 8 value added at 1.01, (national average for boys 2019 was -0.24)
- Almost 1/3 of all students achieved at least 1 grade above nationally expected in every subject.
- 47.4% of students gained a Level 7 to 9 in Maths and 10.3% gained a grade 9 in Maths, nationally (Level 7 to 9 15.9% & Level 9 2.9%)
- ALL subjects performed significantly above expected when compared to nationally expected performance
- There is limited disparity of performance between student from different backgrounds. This supports our position that as a school we live by our motto ‘We work together, we enjoy together and we all achieve together’.