Vision and Aims
To be recognised as a world class leader in education, ensuring every child is ready to take up the challenges and realise the opportunities of the 21st century.
Our vision is realised through the delivery of five key aims articulated as commitments our local community:
1. To develop outstanding leaders across the school
We are committed to developing outstanding leaders through the establishment of a centre of excellence, ensuring all students have the skills required to develop into young men and women who are ready to take up the challenges and realise the opportunities of the 21st century and impact positively on every aspect of society, whether locally, nationally or internationally.
2. To guide our students to achieve exceptional academic performance across all subjects
We are committed to developing every student’s skills and knowledge, ensuring exceptional academic performance for all to enable students to access the most ambitious career paths and gain access to the best universities nationally and internationally
3. To provide an Outstanding Learning Experience for every student.
We are committed to providing each student with a high quality personalised learning experience through exceptional teaching and an outstanding curriculum. ‘Every Child, All the Time’ drives our belief that every child is able to achieve the extraordinary relative to their own personal abilities.
‘Every Child, All the Time’ is an approach to student progress where every day, in every lesson, every student will be receiving the best possible learning experiences. It recognises the need to respond to students’ emotional needs as well as learning needs throughout their educational journey, appreciating that these needs are different for every child and can change at different stages of this journey.
4. To ensure every student has access to high quality Enrichment activities.
We are committed to ensuring every student has access to exceptional enrichment experiences and activities including high quality coaching so they aspire to participate, compete and succeed at a local, national and international level.
5. To be the School of Choice for the local community.
We are committed to providing a school that:
- meets the needs of every child.
- develops citizens committed to British Values of democracy, tolerance, respect and the rule of law.
- is a safe, happy and caring learning environment where students want to be.
Central to realising our aims is the need to actively engage all students and staff with a culture of achievement.
Beliefs that are championed.
- Responsibility for delivering outstanding performance sits at the point of action at every level within our school
- The success of our school is measured by its impact our students – both their day to day experiences and outcomes.
- There is a clear expectation that ‘excellence’ can and will be achieved.
Values that are supported.
- Integrity and Truthfulness.
- Trust and Openness
- Moral commitment to the development of students and staff both at Norlington and the wider educational community
Deal Breakers and blockers that are challenged.
- Lack of personal responsible and ownership for our current actions and future success
- Leadership that does not challenge or hold to account poor performance
- Non–involvement - ‘You can only get out what you put in’.
- Poor role modeling – ‘Do as I say, not as I do’.